Thread: Letting Go
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Looking4hope,

Sharing your feelings, honestly and openly with others is helping yourself. I very often am like Robert DeNiro in the movie Analyze This. On the outside, holding the soldierly hard exterior "supposedly" needed for the battle that may lay ahead. Then, when I'm by myself, tearing at the end of a good movie or, even, at the end of a touching commercial like Deniro's character did.

God's multifacets, of grace and mercy shown unto us through His Son - I am sure - were expressed through tears in the storm that followed the crucifixion. But along with that was the knowledge of sin and death being conquered for all time.

When we compartmentalize our emotions to the point of thinking that we cannot or should not share is, to me, a sign that we have "grown up" too much, and have grown away from God. Two of the most powerful words in the Scriptures, I believe, are: "He wept."

So keep the faucet running and like you said, "this too shall pass" and - it will, it is promised, and you can count on it:

Psalm 30:5 "For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
John 16:33 “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer;I have overcome the world.”
Lasgo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wren (02-29-2008)