Thread: newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy newbie

Hi everyone
I am a newbie to this board, but I spend a lot of time on the ADAs T2 board.
Have lurked on the PN board for several months. First post here, and I am almost scared speachless. This past Mon morn around 3 am I awoke with my whole left side numb. When I finally woke up enough to think I decided to try to go to bathroom, and if I didn't land on the floor, I'd be ok. By the time I took care of that, the numbness was gone. Got up for work at 3:45 and seemed to be fine. So Wed am when I got up for work, left thumb and pointer finger were numb. There was also some tingling around the left side of my mouth. Thought that was the TMJ coming back. Went away right away. There was no drooping mouth, slurred speach, foot dragging, etc. The only thing was a general fuzziness in the memory dept. Like I would think I need to make a phone call, and forget who I should call. That would bother me for hours till I remembered who I should call. So I made an appt. with my PCP, who said all this was not related to my back issues or PN and I should make an appt with a neuro immediatly. He wrote a script for Aggrenox 25 mg, which I have started, and will see neuro Thurs.
So, I am really scared. I'm pretty sure, 99% sure, I just described TIA. I drive school bus, and while I don't "love the darlins" I don't want to really kill them. I guess neuro will send me for a MRI, then what? Can I continue to drive safely? Or will I be grounded from driving, and loose my job? and my insurance? This is just too scary for me. I'd appreciate any words of advise or wisdom.
Thanks, Barb
aussiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote