View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default son in law leaves for Iraq next week

He is in the National Juard. This will be his second trip. He came from a very abusive home and was eventaully placed in two different foster homes then came to live here in Evansville to go to college. That's where he met my daughter. He calls both his foster Mom' 'Mom' and I am to. Their wedding was very interesting to have two sets of foster parents and us.

Anyway, back to the reason for this post. Last time he went he wanted my daughter and me to fly out to Philadelphia to be with him during the short leave they gave the unit before shipping them out. I'm glad I went for his sake but we did not find Philly to be the city of brotherly love at all. So this time they are down at Fort Stewart in Georgia. So my daughter is going by herself to Savanahh. Now that would be a city I would find very interesting. But I'm glad that my SIL didn't feel the need to have me there with him. He was comfortable enough in our families love for him, that he didn't need one of his 'Moms' there with him. I kid him that some soldiers have a lover in every port but he has a mother in every town.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote