View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Could be...

If I had meds (now) that worked maybe I could fall into that category. I think when people have meds that work (and when they're feeling good), they do feel a certain power and they feel in control of there life and pain. They might be a little cocky. This isn't in regards to anybody here since i've only been on here a couple times now. When the internet first started there were pain forums everywhere and when I would give a little advise they would get very upset and yell at me ... People just need to be sensitive to other people's issues. There is no reason to argue.
Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I have been thinking about this since all of this thing with Vicc.

Vicc has been with the group since we all came from BT over to NT. Very few of the oldies are left due to the things that seem to keep going on here. I see a constant of fighting and arguing here.

My question is, do the meds give people a false sense of security to the point that they say what they want and feel like they can take on the world. Do they make a person feel like they don't care what they say? Do they make people speak their minds whether they are right or wrong?

I am not much for meds and neither is my Dr. He works his *** off on keeping me walking and getting around without me carrying a list of meds a mile long for when I see the next Dr. or end up in the hospital for something.

Again, I just felt like this was a question that people need to think about and I'd like peoples thoughts on it.

This is not to start an argument, I am just wondering if this might be the case in most instances.

I do know that when we take our meds we are in less pain so we think we can do things we couldn't do before such as run a marathon, walk a mile, climb a hundred stairs, then when they wear off we think why did we think we could do that. Again is this the case with talking too?

Ada
heatherg23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote