View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Heather ,31, here RSD sufferer 2 1/2 yrs

Hi everybody, hope every one is doing well. I had a really FREAK accident and that's why I have RSD. I was having an MRI done. This was a sit down MRI. They have new machines these days. It's confusing but the technician wasn't paying attention to where my feet were, even though he asked me to lift them, and the machine (that was moving me forward) went over the back of my feet and up my achilles tendon. Both feet. My feet got jammed under. Something that will haunt me forever and ever. I got the same RSD diagnoses from the 4 doctor's I've been to. After 2 failed nerve blocks and loads of medication I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted. I had the battery implanted in my butt. It took me 5 miserable weeks to recover from the first surgery. Then a few months later I had it moved up my spine. This was done because the pain had gone up the back of my leg and butt. I felt like entire leg, foot and butt burned, like my skin was on fire. Then a few months after that I had the stimulator taken out since it helped my foot pain but my leg pain continued. My 4th doc thought the stimulator was causing the pain in my leg. Well, he was wrong. I know the newer pain is RSD, it just spread. I realized that after the burning pain in my right foot & achilles tencon came back. It was like a puzzle had been completed. So between the months of Feb - Oct 2006 I had 3 major back surgeries. I'm extremely bitter . I went back to my doctor after the pain came back and he said there's nothing to try you'd done everything there is. I already knew that but it's hard to hear.

Talking about my frustration keeps me in check.

Thanks for listening...........Heather
heatherg23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote