Thread: Crumbling
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

What you are trying to do, with MS, is next to impossible. IF you manage to do it for much longer, it will be at a huge cost to yourself . . . and then where will you (and everyone else) be?

It sounds like it's time to do some prioritizing and make some decisions. If I was in that situation:

- I'd let my ADULT children manage on their own. Your job as a parent; to raise them to be responsible & independant adults, is done. If they didn't learn everything by now, they need to . . . fast.

- Your teenage children may have to try to be of more help to you. If they are busy working part-time, getting "A's" and "B's", and/or exceling in sports (in order to win a scholarship), then you might have to pick up a large part of the slack at home. Otherwise they should be doing that for you.

- Leaving the workforce is difficult, both emotionally and financially. I had to make that agonizing decision, but it was the best thing I could have done. Start thinking about how you might be able to cut down responsibility or hours, before that decision is made in spite of you.

I'm not sure what the story is with your husband, but that must be hard to tend to an ailing husband. Can you afford help? Are there things you can do differently to conserve energy in that regard?

We all want to be super-mom and wife . . . but it can't be done with this disease, simple as that.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Are you on antidepressants (I didn't read the rest of this thread)?

You need a break, and you have to give yourself permission to not be "perfect"!

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (03-01-2008)