Thread: Crumbling
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just want to offer some 's to you...you seem to really be going thru a tough time. Cheri offered some good advice. We all know it is easier said than done, so you must give yourself time to adjust.

I've heard some talk about getting on adderall or ritilin to help with energy, and you may want to discuss this, or another alternative with your doctors. Now is a good time to build a really good relationship with a doctor, as I think he/she will be your best ali when it's all said and done.

As for all the tears, I understand darlin', and I feel so bad for you. You need a big hug, and maybe even some antidepressants while you learn to deal with the full plate you have. Depression alone will suck the life right out of you. Once depression becomes chronic, you are at its mercy until you get 'help', whether it be in pill form, therapy form, or both. You can overcome this.

If you have the time to read up on the many souls here who are living this illness every day, you'll see that many, if not most, have learned to incorporate this madness into daily life, throw in some humor, and make it work. I wish and pray this for you as well!!

Now dry those tears, and start making a plan. You've been a care taker for along time, you know how important it is to care for yourself....and its your turn. Blow off the dishes, only wash the clothes you need, make batches of stews, soups, chili, etc for easy cooking all week and drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Your family will learn to adjust with you, count on it. Do you mind me asking what ails your DH? Whatever the issue, I pray for his health as well and do hope you feel better really soon!

You are not alone in this, really!

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (03-01-2008)