View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 01:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My Surgery Bombed!!!

Is anyone else old enough to remember The 'Lil Abner comic strip character, Joe Btfsplk (pictured above)? He was a good guy and friend but also the world's biggest JINX! Well, when it comes to my neuropathy, he must have been in my neighborhood and close enough to jinx me.

My doctor has NEVER had the implant move after surgery. I was soooo careful but I knew something had happened because by Day #4, the only stimulation I was feeling was around the little system "do da".

Turns out that my "swayback" (lordosis of spine) caused the movement and now I will have the surgery redone by a neurosurgeon. (Just the leads will be redone.) He will drill a hole in one of my lamina (part of the spinal canal's bony roof) and thread the leads through that hole. They will be placed on some special pad to protect the spinal cord and then attached to the the little system do da.

Naturally, I was stunned and upset but this way it will be done to last and last and gives me a better chance of having the stimulation reach down to my toes.

This is now getting interesting! Will let you know when the surgery will be.

Later,
Nancy-H
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote