View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 03:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quick update:
X-Ray of Lumbosacral spine: AP and lateral
Report:
There are mild degenerative changes at L4-5. Advanced degenerative changes are noted at L5-S1. Retrolisthesis of approximately 4 mm is noted at L5. There is no fractures.

In 2002, the report was at L5-S1, there was moderate loss of disc height (it was totally extruded from between the vertebra) with degenerative signal loss associated with a very large disc herniation....

I ask my Chiropractor is it was normal to go from 0 to mild DDD to Advanced DDD in 5 years, he said it's not normal. So what caused the rapid changes?

In all the studies I've read, it's always DDD that's the cause of disc herniations (unless strong trauma involved). If the herniated disc was from a lifting accident and then you have in 5 years advanced DDD and retrolisthesis (4mm on film, but I think it's more, esp. if my pelvic tilts. I mentioned to all my doctors that it feels like my vertebra shift. They said, oh no, the ligament between the vertebra is thick. You're probably "hearing" a suction. )

My Chiropractor said no doctor would say that my present condition (LBP, retrolisthesis, burning feet, and other stuff) was from my 2002 hernaited disc injury as long as they see DDD, everyone will blame DDD for current problems.

And with that type of thinking is how my worker's comp aggravation is denied. I don't know how to prove it otherwise, but I know the 2002 HNP is the cause of present problems.
on health care & more!
mrxtramean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote