View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Gabe,
I'm not sure of any direct correlation between hysterectomy and MG, but I am fairly certain I've read there is a high rate of symptoms emerging after hospital and dental procedures (sorry I don't have the reference). For example, my MG really on-set after I had my wisdom teeth removed. I experienced an anaesthetic-induced crisis in the recovery room and since that point my MG has continued to develop and worsen. Looking back at photos I probably had MG before (my eyes can be a bit droopy etc) but everything was working fairly normally until my surgery. It seems crazy to blame my MG only on the surgery, or the trauma of the crash after, but I think it definitely brought the symptoms out.

I have since had two other surgeries, gall-bladder removed and laproscopic surgery for endometriosis with no complications. My MG is way out of whack at the moment - I'm on 60mg of pred, 60 mg Mestinon every 3 hours, 150 mg Azathiprine and went for my first IVIg treatment a month ago but nothing seems to be helping. My breathing and swallowing are fine though (thank goodness), so the doctors aren't immediately concerned.

Take Care, Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote