Thread: My Mom
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 06:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown My Mom

Dear Board Buddies -

I know some of you have been following the saga of my mom (on this board and on the "other")...

Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in November. I moved my folks from Rochester (about an hour away) here to Buffalo in December so that I could take care of mom. A 90% coronary blockage was discovered during her testing. Mom underwent bypass surgery in January. They never got a chance to address the lung cancer as during the heart surgery they explored the lung and discovered it had gone from stage 1b to stage 3.

Mom struggled with her recovery. Her poor lung never regained the strength it needed to sustain her.

Sadly, mom passed away on Wednesday 2/27. She was surrounded by her family and by the warm thoughts and prayers of so many of you.

I will be forever grateful to my mom & dad for giving me the gift of these past 2 months of caretaking for my mom. (I am also grateful to be on tysabri for my ms. Without that I could never have sustained the stress level and energy level necessary to take care of both of them.)

Please keep my dad in your prayers as he misses the woman who was the love of his life for over 56 years.

Thanks for all of the prayers and warm thoughts.