View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default PT

and moving in general....

Also, as others mentioned - PT can help with balance to a degree - I really think it depends on how severely your nerves are damaged for one thing.... how tired you are on any given day - is there a PN flare going on etc.... with no sensory nerve signals going to your brain from your feet and ankles to your brain (I'm in this situation, feels like the floor is always moving under you but not in a way you can get a rythm like on a boat) you only have to keep your balance with two other sytstems - your ears and your eyes... I know thru ENt testing while my hearing is great - the nerves that control my balance in that area are damaged too... so its up to my eyes - and even then I often get NO notice when I'm going down.... moving your head suddenly can do it - shifting your weight - and again, the more your PN is acting up - the more vigilant you have to be that day... (I think all of us with PN have had some falls - and the results can be very dangerous, expensive, and long reaching)... use assistive devices if need be (cane, waker, wheelchair if necessary)...

As I mentioned before - I just had numbeness in my hands and feet at first - no pain - but started losing my sense of propecication (where my body was in space) and balance (I would fall over for no reason - long before the disease really hit hard.... ) I wish my docs had taken it more seriously in the beginning or I had found this group back then!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote