Thread: Crumbling
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you for the compliment.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. What a stressful time this must be.

I spent several years getting my education, only to be struck down in my prime (age 31). I continued to work for 14 yrs, but I had to down-grade my career aspirations very early on, and that was a blow. It was even harder when I had to leave the workforce all together, so I understand your "unfinished business" feeling.

I tend to be the caretaker type too, probably because I didn't get that in my own home. My mom was schizophrenic (in a bad way) and my dad, who was a drunk, died when I was eleven. I want to do so much for my kids, to give them the very best opportunities in life, but I simply can't.

There are two things that have helped me accept my limitations; all of us kids (my sisters and I) survived our difficult home situation well, and my Grandmother raised 18 kids that all turned out fine. Every time I think of what I would like to be able to do for my kids, I ask myself "if I had 18 kids, would I be able to do that?". Clearly the answer is "no" . . . and since I know first hand that children can prosper without being "taken care of" . . . I know my kids will be fine too.

It's time to take care of you, so that you will be healthy enough to spoil the grand-children (every other Sunday ) for many years to come.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (03-02-2008)