View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What a wonderful post! I do beleive there are lots of people who would love to ask the same question and for some reason or another just don't. I can understand you, Brandon. About 7 1/2 years ago I joined a 12 step group. I am a sober alcoholic now but when I joined the group I was a total mess...inside and out. I tried so very hard to get sober on my own and kept going back to those meetings for help but just could not do it. I learned from those people about the power of prayer. I felt a little akward at first, as I beleived it o be private...I beleived in God but did not really have a connection with him. I was so desparate to change my life that I gave it a shot and started placing my will and my life over to God. I lived and breathed God. I needed to...my life depended on it. 7 1/2 years later and a whole lot of praying...at first for help and then for how grateful I was, I am still happily sober! That connection saved my life! Now I pray because I love to. I talk to God as the friend and Father to me that he is. Brandon, whether you are praying for help or not...PRAY! It will fulfill your heart...and change your life for the better!! God Bless you!! ps. I never knew what to say either....just say what you heart feels...it'll come out the way it is supposed to!!!

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (03-02-2008)