View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Victorya

I've done that - pulse steroids. It was when I was on Betaseron and then for the year plus when I was on no therapy. So far, the amount of steroids I've had has not affected my bones (I've had a bone density scan every year).

The pulse steroids did lessen the severity of the exacerbations but it did not slow the rate. I still had exacerbations but they were not as bad. For me that was worth the increased amount of steroids my body was being subjected to as I was still able to function, somewhat limited, but not bedridden as I had been prior.

If you plan to go on Tysabri, you will not be able to do pulse steroids. There is a wash out period for steroids before you can start on Tysabri and if you have been doing pulse steroids, then I do believe the wash out period is longer. You will have to check with your neurologist for his opinion on what he considers the appropriate wash out period.

Each person is different with the disease and I know how you feel having been there with so many exacerbations with no relief on the horizon. It's so damn frustrating. I got so tired of IVSM every 3 months ...

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote