View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 02:16 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Who Has Drivers License?

I knew this would be coming up - and wondering how all you deal with this with your docs... I just got the renewal for my drivers license - only need to take finger print, picture, and eye test - I have both a car and motorcycle license.., I havent driven in years since I got PN - I had to sell my little sportscar when I got sick even though when in the seat I could drive it (even shift) without feeling my feet (I couldnt get my wheelchair in and out of it) - I think the bucket seats gave me balance.. I bought an old handicapped van instead that has a scooter lift but it gives me vertigo to drive it so its garaged.,. I know if I ever got pulled over I could not stand up or arms out etc. - I'd fall right over... I've never had a loss of consicousness until after I hit the ground and it was due to the hitting my head when I fell - just lots of falls from the PN - and my reflexes seem ok (not reflexes in my ankles etc but as far as reacting to stiumuli)... my docs have been back and forth on this issue of driving...

I see my doc Tues and have to renew this by next month - I need to report to the state any change in health status that could affect my ability to drive - so - wondered how all of you handle this? I cannot walk into the DMV without assistance (I wouldnt lie anyway about my health as any potential liabity down the line would be awful if something happened) - I obviously no longer have the balance to ride a motorcycle - but with the right car hope to be able to drive again - at least for short distances...

Anyone had to deal with this? Do you know if I would have to start from sratch with a driving test etc. with doctors note stating my health has changed or restrictions? And, if one does get pulled over - is there something special on a license that tells the police that I'm disabled and make ammends there?

Appreciate any info - just got the notice and the date is coming up fast! Thanks!

Last edited by BEGLET; 03-02-2008 at 02:53 PM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote