View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:46 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default DL

Hey Joe,

Doctors are required to report to the DMV certain conditions that require suspending a DL or taking it away - such as loss of consciousness or loss of function.. which they have not done but this has not come up until now.... however, when I check the box on the DMV renewal form that I've had a change in my health since my last renewal (which is rather obvious since I use wheelchair out and about and will stagger with a walker spending any time in the DMV to get this done) - I'm assuming they will want an MD statement. (and, on my disability reviews that are not related to the govenment - some docs have stated no driving, and my current docs know I am not driving)..... I couldnt afford the lifts etc for the chair for my sportscar, hand controls werent the issue.. the van doesnt give me back neck support so I get dizzy (its very old).... so for now its out..

Aussie - I do have a handicapped sticker - have for years - so that people driving me around can park close to door when we do go out... yes, there are many many people on the road that have no right to be there though! Very scary - I think the worst offenders here though have a cell phone in one hand, coffee in the other, and are going about 30mph over the speed limit at all times! To assume as a pedestrian in LA that you have right of way will very possibly leave you a flattened puddle on the road.... (sad but true) Just in my town this week they put up cameras at lights where people keep getting hit so they can try to capture the culprits on film.....
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote