View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For the want of a postcard......

FOR THE WANT OF A POSTCARD, I was rewarded with a new and very dear friend.

Who knew? All I asked for was a postcard from the land of my husband's desire. I not only received a postcard but so much more.

As if her friendship wasn't enough, the sweet thing sent gifts too!!

** A pictorial book of my friend's "state";
** A calendar of her homeland;
** A bookmark; and
** Two itsy-bitsy "huggy" stuffed animals native only to her homeland.

I hope she does not mind that I shared my joy with you. For it is not every day that someone so special comes into your life. I know she sent these things from her heart and not for a public pat on the back. For that reason, I shan't mention her name but will leave one more "little" hint.

Remember this post:

I'm one of those people who rarely buys things for themselves and am very easily pleased. I've always been happier to give than to receive things, so for my treat I decided to do something nice for someone else.

DH took me shopping after my MRI yesterday and I bought something for someone who will get the shock of their life when it arrives in the mail. It definitely wasn't expensive but my joy will last from yesterday when I bought it, right through until it's arrival in a week or two. Each time I think of this person's surprise (and I hope happiness), I'll continue to feel good.
That's the treat I chose.

You should be feeling fantastic. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Anne.
Carolina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72413 (03-04-2008), Koala77 (03-03-2008), sugarboo (03-03-2008)