View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Neil, in a double blind, randomized trial like CERE-120/Neuturin NO ONE but the surgical team is privy to what the patient did or did not receive during surgery. And post-surgery the participant does not see the surgical team again, except for a single surgical follow up for sutures and such, unless there is an adverse event such as mine immediately after the surgery and before the initial hospitalization release.

So, until the data is collected from all sites and analyzed there is no news or results to give. Our PD progression post-surgery is determined by a "blinded rater," someone who knows nothing about how our PD was pre-surgery, and who has no verbal contact with the trial site staff about the trial and knows nothing of what to possibly expect from the surgery.

Does this make any sense?

As participants it would not be fair for us to say we are better or not better before the un-blinding occurs and we find out ourselves what we did or did not receive. I may find out that I was doing great since the surgery, only to discover that I got shammed and that it was all a placebo effect. As a communtiy, we PWPs are very susceptible to placebo effect.

So, bottom line, it is not a secret, only unknowns at this point in time. Hopefully, the data collection and analysis will begin in September/October of this year and we will all have news about Phase II before they end of this year!
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote