View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtsobad73 View Post
I have been in therapy for 5 years, but it seems anytime certain family members call me, all of this crap comes back to mind. I even have severe nightmares about it. Panic attacks come and go, but to this day I don't know if therapy is helping.

I would like to try biofeedback to see if it helps. Does anyone have experience with this? What is it like? Did it work for you?

Also, confronting the issues head on, the dr. said I may need to sit with the family members, each at different times, and explain to them how they hurt me in the past and how that is affecting me now. I think I can do that, but I am afraid they will just think that I am being a big cry-baby (terms they would use).
What to do, what to do?

M
M, you do understand once you have PTSD it is a permanent part of your life? PTSD doesn't have to be as extreme as in the begining but you can have residual PTSD symptoms.

I chose not to confront. I knew from past and present what would happen - nothing would be resolved just more anger, sadness, frustration and hurt on my part. I chose to walk away.

There are also some who had a hand in my life that I am unable to confront - I have no knowledge were they are or if they are still alive. As for the person who initially triggered the PTSD - what goes around comes around.

For me, the PTSD is no longer about everyone who was involved it's about finding my own way to inner peace. My memories and feelings are mine and mine alone, they are part of me and always will be but I will not allow those memories to take over.

What I have experienced has made me who I am - someone I am quite proud of.

I hope you find something that will give you the inner peace I think you are desperately trying to find.