Thread: misdiagnosis
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help misdiagnosis

HI, I'm not sure if this is the place to post a new member message or not; but anyway, I read an entry that was so similar to m situation, it was amazing. Eight years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia; tried multiple treatments, then finally was talked into having surgery, a cervical lamenectomy on c2-c7. This operation about killed me. My neck has not been the same since, in fact, the neurosurgeon, Dr. Michael Rosner, was disciplined for performing this operation on 98 people. A class action suit evolved but I decided to opt out because there were 3 people who had become paralyzed from the neck down, and I was one of the lucky ones; so I felt I didn't want any money that could instead go to the paralyzed patients. Anyway, I got not relief from the fibromyalgia type symptoms. Next I was diagnoses with MS and treated for six years. I had to quit my jobs as school principal and adjunct professor and am considered disabled now. My symptoms continued to worsen; I continued to research the internet, trying to find out something, anything, when I ran upon a lyme disease list of symptoms, there were 28 items and they all described me exactly. I went to Pittsburg,PA to a Fibro/fatigue center, I was given a western blot test and the results came back positive. I now have a decision to make, should I continue with the oral antibody treatment in PA or switch to a SC doctor who is using long term IV antibodies, this treatment is controversial but I have talked to 3 people who say they have been helped tremendously by this IV treatment. If anyone has any experience with this type of dilema, I would greatly appreciate any advice, Thank you , Phillip Elliott, Bakersville, NC
Phillip Elliott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote