View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I hate laundry!

Putting away the day's laundry was my job after school every day growing up. With 9 people in the house, I felt horribly picked on 'cause my brothers, who played hockey, never had to do a darn thing but practice. Every winter Dad would flood the back yard and make an ice rink for us to play on. He put flood lights on the back of the house so we could see when it got dark so early. Even in the sub-zero temps, we'd be out there in with long underwear, 2-3 pairs of mittens and scarf & hat keeping us warm. When my brothers practiced hockey, mom would pad me with pillows and I would don the mask of the goalie. What fun! Then on Saturdays we'd spend the day at the city rink (ourdoors, too). But where was I? Oh yeah, laundry.

To this day, I don't mind sorting, washing, drying and folding but I hate putting it all away. I wonder why?

My son was over here at 7:00 a.m. sharp to unload our closet to prepare it for paint and some cedar panels for the lower walls. Now my dining area and living room are full of clothing. Neat, huh. What must be done, must be done!

Take care. Think of me in a remodel mess and smile because it's not you.

Have a great day all!
Nancy-H
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote