Old 03-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

http://www.medpagetoday.com/ProductA...ptions/dh/8522

A small paraphrased section from this link I got from Sassy follows:

Quote:
The [FDA] warning says that signs of liver injury also had "been reported for the first time after multiple doses."

In some patients the liver damage or problem "recurred upon rechallenge, providing evidence that [natalizumab] caused the injury."
The drug label now now includes the statement that Tysabri "should be discontinued in patients with jaundice or other evidence of significant liver injury (e.g., laboratory evidence)."
Ok, so what is "evidence of other significant liver injury"?

The reason I ask is because I've been having worsening heartburn that now includes what I thought was stomach pain? My PCP has been doing tests to find out why Nexium and Prilosec OTC is not relieving it. I also gave up coffee and spicy foods. I suppose I could also give up chocolate and my daily glass of wine.

I had blood tests last week, and today, an ultrasound of my liver, gallbladder and pancreas.

I have to have a stress test on a treadmill on Friday. I don't think my heart has a problem, but who knows? I really hope the PCP is just being overly dramatic.

They're going to try to get the ultrasound results by tomorrow, because I'm due for my next infusion on Wednesday afternoon.

I'm also supposed to have new MRI's on Wednesday at noon.
I doubt there's anything seriously wrong, because I take good care of myself, but I'm a little bit concerned. Wish me luck with all this! I don't want to give up the Tysabri, but I kind of like my internal organs too!

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09