View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Exclamation please tell pdoc

this sounds similar to what happened to me with Trileptal - it didn't at first, took it for almost a year,and then... started having this effect. in my case it wore off after a few hours but it was scary. it started in my face (lips) and spread through my face, then arms and sometimes legs. i don't know if this is at all related. Trileptal is actually used to treat trigeminal neuralgia so i guess perhaps i got sensitized ti it and the nerve became understimulated... but the rest of the body thing was weird. Bottom line: the trileptal was discontinued.

paresthesia subsequent to taking an unusually high dose of a benzo does not sound like a far reach to me. i think you will be alright. can you find a way to track your meds? i use a daily dispenser. or you could put a sticky on the fridge or a mirror or the inside of a cabinet or whatever - if hubby protests, tell him waves said so . i dunno.

but do, please, tell your pdoc. he is prescribing these meds, and he needs to be aware of these events.

be safe

~ waves ~