View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi folks,
I would not question anything said before my post in this thread.
I have had really Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde reponses from Gabapentin & what I call son of Gabapentin - Lyrica. Fortunately my wife was quick to point this out to me & we discontinued immediately with a great deal of trepidation when heading to Lyrica - but that's just me. I kept this at home for my poor dear wife to bear but she supported in the right way & no-one else wore it.

It was a very humbling experience.

As each person reacts differently to each medication this is entirely unpredicable - sorry I state the obvious.

Generally I don't react to meds.....it was quite shocking.
So......to the point of my post......placebo effects can be an almighty confidence builder & even if the drug is working the nasty side can far outweigh the benefits. They should be continued only if they are positive changes.

I agree that meds can be a life & tremendously persona changing event and the person can become so closed minded they become impossible to reason with.

As has been said - we are all VERY SICK or supporting someone who is so & don't need to argue. I came here for what I initially thought was a clean and constructive environment. I needed that & despite the fantastic efforts of the moderators I have felt very reluctant to post.

I, too, have been abused here & I am very aware of how technical I can be in some of my statements on this site given my science background. I am thus reluctant to post because I have been so attacked.

I do hope you don't mind this - I think it follows the theme of the thread so you are all right with what you say here but I would question that time of membership counts for nothing if that member is abusive and incapable of accepting alternate discussions / ideas.

I would most categorically state that should these changes become evident - dose will probably not matter - a different family of drug might be the best action - another time.

As an additional thought, in some, pain can make people tentative & insecure & VERY susceptible to hostility.

Cheers to All
Auberon
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gigglebabe (03-04-2008), Goodn'Plenty (03-04-2008), tayla4me (03-04-2008)