View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Carotidynia Talk

I would like to say I feel for those suffering with carotidynia. Recently, I was diagnosed with this illness by an ENT and have probably have had it for well over a year. During the past year, it was unclear as to where my pain originated. Since much of my pain seem to be in the general area of my jaw, it was thought that a previous root canal was not effect an it was finally decided by myself and an endontist that I should have my tooth excised. This proved to be ineffective and my pain and fevers continued. Finally, I could no longer concentrate at work or even get a full night sleep that I decided to see my doctor. My internal medicine doctor prescribed blood tests and a muscle relaxant but this too proved unsuccessful. My doctor then referred me to an ENT and he immediately diagnosed me. He put my on Ibuprofen, which made me very sick to my stomach and unable to work. My condition has increasingly worsened and I have constant, some times excruciating pain on the left side of my neck. So often my pain is accompanied by low-grade fevers with pain that radiates upward to my ear. I often feel like I can barely make it through the day. I will be consulting my ENT for other treatments such as the ones mentioned on this site. If anyone knows of alternative treatments such as vitamin therapy, acupressure, or diet that can help, please post your comments to this site.
kay1914 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote