View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am not getting at Ceregene ...

who appear to be one of the most progressive companys in our field, if only other companies shared their urgency.

The prime example of the never ending trial is my old favourite Spheramine which has had a staggering four year phase ii trial (April 2003 to June 2007), and we won't hear anything until September 2008, five years from "soup to nuts" before any news creeps out, (and at least the same to come for phase iii).

By now the first batch of Spheramine phase ii participants are five years down the track, why not set reporting dates for batches of patients at pre set times instead of only reporting all at the same time. If Spheramine didn't work surely we would have known this in 2005 !!

If it didn't work then the patients who had surgery in 2006/2007 were put through potentially life threatening, (possibly sham), surgery for nothing. If it did appear to work in 2005, by releasing this news more people will participate in the trial meaning quicker results, faster time to market.

I may be working with Tom Isaacs over the next few weeks on a presentation to the UK Royal Medical Society and if so, then turnaround time and organisation of clinical trials and time to market would be my number one message.

Hope this explains and good luck to Ceregene.

Neil.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote