View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
My daughter is 17 and my son is 19. So many of have been together on and off as our children have grown-up. It's a very special bond we've all had all these years through the good times and the difficult.
Hi all,

Lara's post made me smile. I've been away from the boards for a long while (tics waning, obviously) although I did peek in now and then. But, many years ago when I found this online network of TS families, I didn't think we'd ever make it to 21. Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for helping us raise our son into the wonderful young man we have here today.

As I read the teeth/tic posts, I am amazed as always that there are others in this world that live our life. Who else would really understand that Luke has very thin, stubby molars from a teeth grinding tic?? Drives his dentist nuts...but he grinds right through the plastic bite guards everytime. I think the things make it worse, in fact.

Isn't it interesting pain makes the tics worse. That is certainly true for Luke. Lots of very painful tics have come and (fortunately) gone over the years. I just hope the head banging moves along very soon.

Hugs,
Cheryl
Luke's Mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote