View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Waves,
I am sorry you went through this. Apparently you thought it was a good enough reason to stop the med.

Now I am more worried. You know much about these meds. I look up the drugs when I first go on them and then I forget everything. My note taking gets trampled each time I move or change a computer.

I take (1) Verapamil and (2) Klonopin and (3) birth control pill.

The PDR lists paresthesia as an adverse effect of both Verapamil and of Klonopin.
Two years ago I tried to reduce the Verapamil but I got anxious and headed toward hyper within a few days. But I was still on a low dose of Wellburtrin at the time. I see the pdoc on Wednesday (2 days from now). Maybe we could try reducing the Verapamil again.

Or maybe time to reduce the Klonopin. I know to do only one at a time usually.
Going off the Xanax was hard....even with the pdoc's help AND even with raising the Klonopin to keep the benzo dose stable. It was weird. I went through shakes and sweats and anxiety and still have stuff going on here and there.

And I don't want to find a substitute for Verapamil. I like it as a mood stabilizer. I can't imagine dealing with the side effects of a new drug. No new drugs. Please.

Last night, after the the effects started, I put my meds in a weekly dispenser. But this morning I didn't use the dispenser. I wanted to test if the problem came from the new bottles -- bottles can be inconsistent.

Report: still have the weird parasthesia tonight -- almost 23 hours after it started. I wonder what triggered it.

Tonight is the second night in a row with some anxiety and slight chest pressure. I need to have a talk with myself and figure out what is going on.

I upped my daily calcium dose from 0 to 1500 mgs. Would that effect the Verapamil? A shot in the dark. It's a calcium channel blocker. What does that mean? I have some questions for the pdoc!

Mari

Last edited by Mari; 10-09-2006 at 10:18 PM.