Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default please -see mirapex side effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyder View Post
I have a sore, stiff knee now for about 1 week. I do not remember hitting it on anything. It is not swollen. Can this be associated with PD?
I have temors only on the left side, currently on Azilect & Mirapex meds, and it is the left knee that is stiff.
Anyone else have this? Is this PD or something else?
Thanks,
Dan

dear dan,

Mirapex noted side effects:

More common - Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting, especially when standing up; drowsiness; hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there); nausea; trouble in sleeping; twitching, twisting, or other unusual body movements; unusual tiredness or weakness

Less common - Confusion; cough; difficulty in swallowing; double vision or other changes in vision; falling asleep without warning; fearfulness, suspiciousness, or other mental changes; fever; frequent urination; memory loss; muscle or joint pain; muscle weakness; restlessness or need to keep moving; shortness of breath; blackouts; swelling of body; tightness in chest; troubled breathing; wheezing; writhing, twisting, or other unusual body movements; overeating; hypersexuality or decreased sexual interest or ability; excessive shopping/gambling

Rare - Abnormal thinking; anxiety; bloody or cloudy urine; chest pain; difficult, burning, or painful urination; dizziness; frequent urge to urinate; loss of bladder control; mood or mental changes; swelling of arms or legs

Source:
http://www.drugs.com/cons/mirapex.html

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rileyder (03-05-2008)