View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller View Post
Well I did not see the video, however I can say that there is no Military Judge that will let this go by the way side like the civilian courts would. The Marine who was cruel to this animal will serve time and more than likely be dishonorably discharged. Which will also include forfeiture of at least 6 months pay. Hope he was not married. The other Marines may face the same or at least Non-Judicial punishment, that will reduce their ranks and they too will have to forfeit pay.

The Uniform Code of Military Justice is very strict, if this is true they stand no chance of getting off. Ive sat through many court martials, and allthough sad, it is wonderful to see justice served. Being a former Marine, Id love to be there to see them get the punishment they deserve. If your familiar with military slang then you will know that these Marines are the "10 percent". Semper Fi to the rest of us.
My family is all Air Force or Army, but I did consider joining the Marines (also considered USAF too) I never did join the Service, but because I'm from a military family, I hate it when I see some complete moron do something so disgusting like that, and damaging the military's credibility.

I'm really glad that he's going to probably get dishonorably discharged. What that moron did seemed more like something a drunk 17yr old would do. A REAL Marine would never chuck a puppy off of a cliff. A REAL Marine would be at the bottom of the cliff, trying to catch the puppy (and then beating the crap out of the guy who tossed the dog)...right?

Isnt this case something that would be considered "Conduct Unbecoming"??
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote