Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko View Post
An interesting article:

It focuses on how/possibly why there seems to be recent increase to cases of immune system attacks.

The article reads far better than I can report it!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030303200.html

Niko
I think I posted this same article in another post. I found it on my local newspaper's website. I thought it was really interesting.

My allergies have been building up since I was about 12 or 13yrs old. Plus, my allergies started to seem to get worse about the time I started to notice some of the MS-ish symptoms.

I started getting food allergies around the time I had mononucleosis and was misdiagnosed and given an antibiotic. (mononucleosis + amoxicillin = an anyphylaxis-like reaction) It was after that, that I became allergic to seafood, my cat allergy got worse. I started to get allergies to things like grass (cant walk on it, or touch it with bare skin) I got allergies to some plants...cant touch an evergreen or have a live xmas tree, I'll sneeze, and if I touch it, I break out into hives.

Also started to get vertigo around a year after the mono. I think when they gave me that antibiotic, it triggered something in me, and did something to wake up all those allergies. So, I would not be surprised if the allergies could be one of the triggers for multiple sclerosis. (I think there's more than one trigger)
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote