View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSword View Post
Personally, I think that the Marine and his/her two buddies should be made to work at an animal shelter for 5 years, no time off for good behavior...something that has to do with animals and that they be fined for every animal that has something happen to it while they work there.....whether its their fault or not!

I couldn't bear for something to happen to one of our dogs, and if I was faced with an allergy to them...I'd seek treatment for the allergy, NOT get rid of my dogs....not saying you did anything wrong in re-homing your puppy, not all allergies are apparent right away....and as you said, it might have been too soon after losing your other dog to try getting a puppy. I know I have to wait awhile before we get another after losing one. (Still cry over one I lost in 1975, she was so special.)

I'd want them to do some sort of community service - but not around animals unless they had constant supervision and that is highly unlikely. I wouldn't trust them around ANY animal ever - not even a snake. There should be a punishment for them but nothing to do with animals. An eye for an eye sounds like a good compromise. . . .

It's people like these that harm animals that move on to other crimes - like harming human beings - later in life. I didn't watch the video nor have I seen it on TV. I can't watch things like this.

Some people seem to think of animals as sort of an expendable commodity. Like they can be treated like produce or something - easily disposed of. This is a terrible way to think and be and anyone who feels this way has deeper problems.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote