Thread: Carpal tunnel
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I'm new here. I found your post quite interesting. I was diagnosed with MS about 12 years ago. I have migraines and quite a large brain lesion showed on my MRI. Over the years, there has been no change in the lesion. It's still the same size (as of 6 years ago) and no others were seen. This past November (2007) I got a sudden "issue" with my left hand. Two of my fingers got huge, had some numbness and pain in both hands, then severe burning in my right hand. I'm left-handed. I assumed it was arthritis and/or carpal tunnel. I've been seeing a rhumotologist since January. He tried one treatment of steroid injections in those 2 fingers. I did get about 20% relief. Now, I'm wearing wrist splints (my idea). I do sleep somewhat better at night wearing the splints, but the problem still exists. I am WAY behind on my regular daily tasks, etc. I've found that driving causes the most pain, burning and numbness. I have a special needs daughter and I homeschool. Both of us have several appts. a month. The driving is killing me! After a day on the road, I'm useless for 2 days. I hate living like this. I can't take the pain and I don't have the time to live my life this way.
I hope you're soon feeling great. Any ideas or comments are highly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
I had myself diagnosed with CPS, and all but booked in to have a surgical release, before I realised that my worst affected fingers were my ring finger and my little pinkie!!

The symptoms struck me quite suddenly just before Christmas 2006, and I daresay the suddeness should have been a dead give away, but it took a while for my grey cells to click!

My daughter was visiting for Christmas, and as my dominant hand was affected, I couldn't even cut up my meal on Christmas Day. T'was a tad embarassing when she kept asking if she could cut my food for me, or even worse.....feed me!

Full feeling did return after about 3 weeks, and I didn't go to a doctor because I was so sure I had CTS that I didn't even get a course of steroids.

I daresay I was another that confused CPS with MS, and it's not that hard to do in this case, I can assure you of that.
spirit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote