View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post

My allergies have been building up since I was about 12 or 13yrs old. Plus, my allergies started to seem to get worse about the time I started to notice some of the MS-ish symptoms.

I started getting food allergies around the time I had mononucleosis and was misdiagnosed and given an antibiotic. (mononucleosis + amoxicillin = an anyphylaxis-like reaction) It was after that, that I became allergic to seafood, my cat allergy got worse. I started to get allergies to things like grass (cant walk on it, or touch it with bare skin) I got allergies to some plants...cant touch an evergreen or have a live xmas tree, I'll sneeze, and if I touch it, I break out into hives.

Also started to get vertigo around a year after the mono. I think when they gave me that antibiotic, it triggered something in me, and did something to wake up all those allergies. So, I would not be surprised if the allergies could be one of the triggers for multiple sclerosis. (I think there's more than one trigger)

I have had allergies since late childhood/early teens but this past summer they got worst and this is the 1st winter that I had had to take allergy meds every day. I just can't believe how bad it's gotten.

And you know I'm now sensitive to meds, I use to be able to take anything but some how about a year ago I became allergic to a lot of pain meds (you can read more on that under the Pain Meds thread). 2 years ago I take Vicoprofen for my fibro pain and now if I take it I itch so bad that I almost cry.

If I eat celery now my lips swell up and get hot. This also started up in the past 2 years.

I really feel like I'm just falling apart sometimes, LOL.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote