View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi there.

Been down that road when my husband was diagnosed with PN 15 or so years ago. He went to pain management and he got the Fentanyl Pain patch. The relief was phenomenal. But be advised, there are side effects (you don't go to the bathroom regularly anymore, but there are meds for that).

But my husband's quality of life dramatically changed. He did the fentanyl patch for 2 or 3 years until the strength had to be increased and you can't go over a certain amount of the fentanyl.

But his life really changed when he found a chiropractic neurologist who did adjustments and really changed his life.

He has ivig infusions once a month because he has auto-immune stuff going on also.

Neuropathy is no walk in the park. We found that regular massage up and down the legs (always toward the heart) greatly helped my husband with his pain.

So I've learned to give great massages.

Also when he sits at the computer, we have a Biomedics shiatsu thing that goes up and down his spine. The rollers knead his body. Must bring all the oxygen to his cells because that also greatly diminished his pain levels.

Takes a combination of a few things, but you have to try and find SOMETHING that works.

In my husband's case, it's massage therapy, ivig, and living with me (I make him laugh). And he isn't on any pain meds. He couldn't tolerate the lyrica nor could he tolerate the neurontin. My husband also was put on zoloft to help him deal with all of this. He takes alprazolam to sleep at night. Thank god for that.

Do you have a diagnosis as to why your husband has PN??

Take care,

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote