View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You know how men are.....................we want to "fix" everything and get very frustrated when we can't. I think that is the situation with your DH. So the only way he can relate to it is to think that this is all in your head or just the way your body reacts to stress.

Go with the flow. Keep your symptoms journal and cover everything with your PCP and neuro. I would also have him in the exam rooms with both your PCP and neuro so he can get a real feeling for what's going on and that there are reasons for your body acting this way.

What do they call it? Conversion Syndrom when your body exhibits physical symptoms as a result of severe stress? I don't know but I don't think your numb legs would go on for 10 weeks if that were the case.

Keep researching and searching with your docs as to what the cause might be. You know when there is something wrong with your body and you need to be your own best health advocate.

I've gotten so I watch Discovery Health Network and watch Diagnosis X. What a great show and it really runs home the fact that doc's don't know everything and can miss the most obvious symptoms until you get to the right doctor. Just something to think about.

Dx'd 12/00 w/RRMS
Dx'd 05/01 w/SPMS
03/05 Rescinded MS Dx Neuro thinks something else
03/06 New Dx of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (HSP)
Rare deteriorating motor neuron disease. No cure. No Treatments.
Only 20,000 Dx'd patients in US
HSPCraig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (03-05-2008)