View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Thanks for responding

My husband was diagnosed back in the beginning of January. He has been in pain since Sept 4 08. He was lifting a very heavy box and felt his pack pull when he did it. All trouble started after that (back pain, burning inside thighs, moved down to feet and now stabbing in his feet along with sharp pain near his toes). 1st neurologist (who denied WC claim) we went to was an extremely cold invidual. Basically after tests (emg, mri et...) diagnosed him with PN. Tried different drugs (1st neurontin then several others) He could not take them. So Dr. basically said this is the treatment and that was it. We then saw a 2nd neurologist who did try and help but I think he is at his end. Problem is my husband is so sensitive to meds. Sorry I am going on and on.. I just can't believe this is happening to us. Our lives are totally in disarray. He stopped working last week because he can just not take the pounding on his feet. I know he needs some kind of meds and hopefully the pain clinic at BI will help.

I wish I could be as helpful (cheerful) to him as you are to your husband. I think at this point I am more of a hazard than a help. But you have had a long time to deal with it I guess. Hopefully I will do better in the future.

I have never written to anyone before so I am not sure how this all works. I might be blah blah blahing too much. If so, I am sorry.

Thank you for listening.

Eileen
edriscoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote