View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ahh, McG, and Guiness, and I thought I'd have to come back later. Maybe I should leave it all for you and GJ anyway, buzzy legs and back pain could stand a dose.

I'm a bit afraid. No, I'm scared....I've been on oral prednisone for over 3 months now, and yes it tamps down the pain & inflammation and attacks...fact I've had one bout of ON per ophth while on it and other long periods of garbage and none were as bad as prior ones.

BUT, I don't have any of the things the prescribing Dr. thought I had, just CNS problems, and that Doc didn't plan on seeing me any more.

Of course she didn't arrange for someone else to do anything about the Prednisone either, nor.....bahh....
Anyway, I insisted on one last appt to find out how to taper off this stuff.

And I wish I didn't need to, I'm dreading it, but I need to get off.

Anyway, I'm taking advantage of the additional energy, and decreased (in comparison) pain/sx/flares to try and get a few extras done around here before it's out of my system.
Now for an early Guiness, fewer calories than that donut, hee hee.

Hope that Cathy shook that bug and MX7, that you're feeling some measure of relief by now, you've just had too much garbage to put up with; Jan that diagnostic train you speak of? Sounds More like an ole paddle wheel down the Chatahootchee during this drought. Stuck on a sand bar... Wish some gentle hugs could help.

GJ it probably wouldn't be enough by itself, but how about asking that cute l'il PT person about a TENs unit...my dh and I each have one and they help some, but not all problems...nice to have around if for nothing other than to take the edge off. Btw, I can really relate to looking at the written word and correcting it, but not being able name or lable the needed change.

to all of you

momXseven (03-05-2008), sugarboo (03-05-2008)