View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Hypermom

Your Son sounds like he is in a bit of a Depressive state.. The fact he is seeing the worldas full of horible things, is the greatest clue. His present GF has shared a very deep confiedence with him. She is suffering and your Son sounds an Emathatic young man who listened to her pain.

But when you are 16 years old your not quite a man, and not boy.
The dilema he has is he wants to rid the world of baddness, that he sees through a childs eyes though he sees this through a mans body. Instinct tells him to be her knight and slay the evil Dragon. Though his rational mind knows he has no chance against a grown man, even if he did, what would happen next. The girl could be beaten more, or thrown out of the family home. Male adolescence and senitive young men never quite see the here and now they see the next 5 events after the one that is bothering them. This is a form of fear, of what might occur if i do this...........?

Yet doing nothing is frustrating and at 16 its hard to chalenge the worlds cruelty. This said,. it then becomes unbareable to witness, withdrawal often occurs like not interacting as before, not watching TV especialy the news. Empathy for one so young is a tribute to the way he has obviusly been raised.
But if you cant switch it off now and then it can be a large burden at such a young age..especialy whilst the transition into adulthood is taking place.

As a loving mother you no doubt want the best for your son, his indifference to what happened is possibly to protect you [don't worry mom i'm fine , then cry on his own]
Embarrasment plays a huge factor,.. and his playing down of events was possibly because he felt ashamed. You refer to him questioning GODs role in the worlds ill's, which concerns me................IF he is very religious he will feel he is a sinner........[ which is crap.....if there is a god he would know your Son is suffering and would hold no angst agains him....suffer ye little children..etc etc...]

Your Son needs time to reflect on what he has done....He needs space to do this...and you may not get any answers at present...

Though you could say to him, 'I love you more than you'll ever know, if you are ever in pain, or distressed or need a huge hug, or a listening ear that hears, and a tounge that will not talk while you speak say LIFES' HARD TODAY'.HE COULD SAY WHAT EVER WORD YOU BOTH CHOOSE AS A KEY WORD.

Its important he comes to terms with this event and life, all you can do is say you are there.... whenever he needs you.

As for meds.....never stop anti-depressants once prescribed...i know to well the cras effect this can have...check out with the doctor [not in your sons presence] The side effects of Lexapro.....initialy some anti-depressants cause anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and action. This may be why tho dose was reduced.
As for the Doctor who told him 'you dont want to be an inpatient for fear of tarninshing his life and future..BULL

If you break your back you stay in hospital....if your mind is broken... hospital is the safest place to be. When Dad comes home get him to spend man-man time with your Son... he may not say he misses him arround, but i bet he does.

Please Hypermom DO WHAT EVER YOU FEEL BEST BY YOUR SON...... BUT DO IT WITH HIS CONSENT...

He will open up if you let him confide in you...he will only do that if he feels he can

I wish you all well.............tell your son from me HE
MATTERS IN THIS WORLD

DAVID

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote