View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile thank you Erin

If my DH and I need support I know we can come here. My family and friends are very encouraging. My niece is pregnant and my nephew's new wife is pregnant! I think it's something in the family!!!!! Oh how I want this to work out. Thanks again for the support.

Chelzer

P.S. I think my MIL has the best intentions but she just isn't showing it now. She has no idea we are thinking about having another yet. I think I will tell her when I AM pregnant instead of "incase".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I dont think you can "pass on" the MS...I know that MS sometimes runs in families, but I dont think it's truly a genetic disease. There'd be more than 2 in my family if that were true. So far, the only MSers in my family are me, and a 2nd or 3rd cousin. (cant remember exactly where she is in the family tree...she's my dad's cousin's daughter...so, 3rd cousin??)

My family seems to have a lot of autoimmune diseases in it tho...on both sides. life threatening allergies, Rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes....

I probably have a bigger chance of passing down the birth defect that runs in my dad's family than I do of giving MS to any potential offspring. (I'd rather my potential kids got the birth defect than MS if they had to inherit something like that from me)
Chelzer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote