View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too was worried about my age (35 in July) and the dr told me it was a 99.5% chance everything will be fine, but there is that 1/2 % chance I'll have a down syndrome child because of my age. Down Syndrome doesn't run in the family but I don't know...maybe it's a gene we develop as we get older? My MIL and I get along real well so if she knew we were thinking of a child I think she'd quiet down but there is a chance I'd hear other things alot more and I'm not willing to take that chance. I want to continue being happy. It's a decision (to be pregnant) that only DH and I can make. Not her.

As far as you having a baby, do what you feel is right. You can also adopt if you wanted to have a child without having your body go through that. My MS isn't too bad so I wouldn't mind having one. The only thing that reminds me I have MS is that I have very little feeling in my fingers. That's frustrating sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
oh yeah, I think you should wait till you're actually pregnant before you mention you want another baby.

I've got a friend who had an autistic child...her mother-in-law got all judgemental and blamed her for the kid being autistic...as if my friend had control over her DNA and made the autism gene show up in the kid. (because, the M-I-L just couldnt have the austim gene in her family)

I'd love to have a baby some day, but I just dont know if I'm up to ever having a kid. I'm afraid the MS is going to cause me too many problems. Plus, my boyfriend has mentioned to me a few times that he doesnt want to have kids. (altho, he still will say he can see me when I'm 80, with a couple of grandkids crawling on me...)

The other reason I probably wont have kids is my age. I'm going to be 39 in May. I'm probably getting too old.
Chelzer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote