View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had my 10th infusion today and it went well. I also had fresh brain MRI's with and w/o contrast, and there were no new lesions! I looked at them too, and all we saw were my old familiar lesions that I've had for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
I was suspicious of inflammation of the gallbladder but I ain't a gastro doc. I brought in quite a few patients with gall bladder attacks and it ain't pretty when it's inflamed. Do you have the pain after eating fats? Also please ask your gastro doc to test for h. pylori if he hasn't already. It would suck if it was something as simple as that, after all the worrying you have been through, and it's a simple breath/saliva test depending on which one he uses.
Hi RW,

I have to have the darned stress test on Friday. Then I'm assuming they'll want to do a upper GI to make sure nothings blocking in there or anything like that. I don't think the pain corresponds to eating fat. This morning after breakfast I had slight nausea. All I had was oatmeal with a little bit of sugar on it and my morning meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post

"It is never normal to have high calcium levels in your blood.

Over 98% of ALL people who have a blood test that shows too much calcium will have a parathyroid problem.

... it is (also) possible for a person to take too much vitamin D so that they absorb too much calcium from their diet and hold on to too much calcium in their kidneys... and their calcium goes high."

http://www.parathyroid.com/high-calcium.htm

Cherie
Wow Cherie, thanks for that info. I take lots of Tums for my heartburn, but I recently upped my vitamin D dosage that I take with my calcium and magnesium in the morning. My calcium was only slightly high, but I wonder if that could be caused by the vit. D? I think I'm going to cut down on the D and see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
Good news Wiz! I hope the rest of the testing goes well too! Keep us posted. RW makes some good points....
Thanks Cheryl,

After a few thousand dollars of testing to bill to the insurance company, we should get to the bottom of this. Or at least just confirm that I don't have stomach or esophagus cancer. (I don't believe for a minute that I do, but it doesn't hurt to check I suppose!)

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (03-06-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (03-06-2008)