View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Bizi,
I don't believe that anyone can make a general statement about equivalencies with the benzos.
The Klonopin and Xanax are not the same. The fact that the Klonopin has a longer half life (as pdoc pointed out) should have helped me.

I did the change by the book and it was ugly for a few weeks.
Still not over.
Theoretically, the klonopin should have covered for any xanax withdrawal. Not the case.

When I go off klonopin some time in the future, I can't see switching benzos to do it.
All benzos are not equivalent. Maybe for some people. My body knew/knows the difference.

In my case, thank goodness I am not getting zaps. They gentler than that. Parts of my body start moving for no reason....like inner thigh.....or inside top of pointer finger.....or a part of my tushy....
I figure that this could take a few more months. Then I will be tired of it. I won't think it is fun anymore.

Mari

I'm wound up tonight and hyper/wired. Sorry if I sound obnoxious. I am just trying to explain. Thanks for your questions.

Oh and I wanted to tell you that hubby and I are not ready for dancing. But I did sign him up for yoga tonight. He will end up loving the teacher. ... We will have fun, I think.
Have fun dancing! (thumbs up)

Last edited by Mari; 10-10-2006 at 12:58 AM.