View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 03:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default interesting point

Interesting point, Cherie - but then I think - lots of drugs have side effects - and sometimes the benefit of the med is worth the side effect. Sometimes it isn't. It's an individual choice.

Also - interesting choice of words - about our bodies fighting the drug - right now, my body is fighting itself....or that is the current belief - MS is an auto-immune disease. My body is already at war...and is not even agreeing with itself! How can I expect it to agree with anything?

Most drugs have side effects. For instance, anti-depressants cause dry mouth in some people or affect sex drive. Some people need iron supplements - but side effect is constipation, etc. There's a slew of examples, but I can't think of any at moment... darn holes in brain!

Anyhow....a drug/medication is a chemical we are putting into our bodies.... that in itself isn't natural. Some people react and have side effects, some don't. But either way - the med is doing something to our systems.

The interferon treatments give many people flu-like symptoms....that's the body reacting to it. Neurontin makes some people gain weight. etc. Chemotherapy does all sorts of bad stuff to people - but it's a major weapon in the fight against cancer.

It's a personal choice - to weigh out costs and benefits, I guess.

I think we all have our limits as to what we will put up with.

I'm still waiting for my stuff to be approved by the Tys people. I hope to start next Friday - and the closer I get to it - the more afraid I get. It was once thing when the PML was the big warning...but now there's a lot more on the list....lots to think about...

~Keri

ps/my favorite is when the list of side effects includes the actual problem you are taking the drug for - ie: sleeping pill bottle that says "may cause drowsiness" - uhhh....yeah! lol

"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-06-2008), ewizabeth (03-06-2008), Riverwild (03-06-2008)