View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguins View Post

Most drugs have side effects. For instance, anti-depressants cause dry mouth in some people or affect sex drive. Some people need iron supplements - but side effect is constipation, etc. There's a slew of examples, but I can't think of any at moment... darn holes in brain!

Anyhow....a drug/medication is a chemical we are putting into our bodies.... that in itself isn't natural. Some people react and have side effects, some don't. But either way - the med is doing something to our systems.

The interferon treatments give many people flu-like symptoms....that's the body reacting to it. Neurontin makes some people gain weight. etc. Chemotherapy does all sorts of bad stuff to people - but it's a major weapon in the fight against cancer.

It's a personal choice - to weigh out costs and benefits, I guess.

Keri,

You make a very good point. The interferons, and even Copaxone give us side effects. I used to think the same about Tysabri as Cherie, that we shouldn't need an antihistamine to be able to take it. But when I was on interferon treatments (both A & R) I needed massive amounts of naproxen, then anti-depressants, etc...

And with Copaxone, my sleep quality suffered, not to mention the site reactions and skin dents. Dang these meds anyway.

I feel more tired on Tysabri, but my physical strength has improved, and my bladder issues have all but disappeared. And, no new lesions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
Yay Wiz!!!

No new lesions is such a GOOD thing! I will never forget how excited I was when I got my results back and there were no new lesions! I was starting to look like a constellation! Anything still enhancing w/contrast?
Absolutely NO enhancing lesions AT ALL! My Mom suffered with GERD for years, so it might be that.

I suspect the Baclofen as well, could it be relaxing the esophagus sphincter too much, allowing acid reflux to occur? BTW, I'm currently slowly weaning myself off of it, going down about 5 mg each week. I hope that helps it too.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (03-06-2008)