View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
moose, is gabriel artistic? musical? sensitive? like quick to say...awww..when a cute puppy comes on tv..or fast to give hugs.

i ask because this is common with those who are. it takes teachers willing to work with them. more visual..animated. the lecture style of teaching can't hold their interest. it doesn't spark that isde of their brain.

my daughter can learn anything put to music. the old school house rock vidoes are a godsend.

i do agree with being too smart for the grade. they get bored.

my grandson is way ahead of his class. doing the hooked on phonics before he went into kindergarden helped. he was a wonderful teacher that knows how to keep him occupied.
I'll say that he can be, beautiful. There's some details I left out of the post earlier. I know part of it is his mother being preoccupied with her current boyfriend. She doesn't make either of our sons a priority. (Whereas I had dogtags made with both the boy's names and birthdays on them. They are always around my neck, because my sons are who I fight for now).

By putting him into therapy I hope we, (yes, me and him) can find a real solution to it.

The jury is still out on his teacher. She's supposed to be top notch. Winning all sorts of awards and what have you. I don't specifically care for her. Not real big on positive re-inforcement. (At least where I stand she isn't. I'm all about pushing the positive. And have plans of becoming a teacher myself one day).

But enough about me... fparker and Dominick need us.

Always outnumbered...
Never outgunned

*I* am the MonSter that MS fears
MooseasaurusRex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote