View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 04:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The lobbyists of large corporations and associations have your state reps ear and not you.They pay more state income taxes than the employees and citizens. You can't afford to provide the perks that your average lobbyist can hand out with ease. WC is atrocious in just about every state and getting worse. I live in Texas and new laws have affected the system so badly doctors are leaving the system in droves. Good doctors are almost impossible to find now and have been replaced with revolving door medicine. Even my first attorney left the WC system because of the new laws.My current attorney is not taking any new cases. If you drive a lawyer out of a government system it's pretty bad. Ever ask your state rep. why your taxes pay for a system that is adversarial enough that you need an attorney to represent you against your own government and why your government that represents you is not defending you from predatory insurance companies.At least in Texas it also provides a way out of proper safety proceedures in a lot of industries. Oh the safety laws are still there, but everyone just winks and looks the other way. Because you cannot sue a company that has workers comp, they are not worried. It's all about money.The insurance companies get away with harrassment that would be illegal by an individual. I've even had a private investigator mock me in public. To the insurance companies it just a game where they hold all the cards and make the rules. The myth of spurious claims ( less than 1% of all claims) is constantly blown out of proportion by the media with the jerk that jumps out of the wheel chair when he thinks no one is looking. Insurance companies are making windfall profits and will continue to do so until government is run by the voters and not the large businesses. It makes me terribly angry at the mass injustice of it all.
Noble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote