View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 06:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you and more info.

Hi Ellie, Julie and betty-anne,

Thank you for your wonderful reply's and respones.

Ellie, I am do not know what AED is, can you please explain? (I may know it-just not by that)

I read the book Seized by Eve LaPlante, last month, I found out about it after I started doing my research. It was great, and in every chapter-I thought I was reading about my mom.
A bit of history:

According to the family, when my mom was about 3 or 4 years old, she was jumping on the bed and fell off and hit her head and became unconscious for a long while. (maybe 30 minutes or longer?)no one remembers-anyway, she came back around and got up and no one took her to the doctors(remember, it was 60 some years ago.) Soon after she had her first seizure-and have been having them ever since. She has Absense seizures and Tonic-clonic seizures. I know she takes Dilantin and Phenobarbital, and she might take some others-but I really do not know..

She has great doctor care and I think I can rule out Dementia type issues. However, she does have other things going on-she has neuropathy and RLS

I have Neurological Celiac disease, and I think she may to, but she refues to get tested for it. And that may explain alot.

However, it does not explain the bulk of it, she is anti-social and everyone who knows her has said something about mental illness regarding her and her behavior/personality. She has been "strange" and can rage and become very childlike in her behavior when she feels wronged, it can be a real or imagined issue. and it can last weeks and /or months. She has been very difficult to deal with all her life. As I read the book Siezed, I see alot of the traits in her.

I am looking into this now because she is getting worse, and I am afraid for her and my dad, they live in isolation and do not get out often. That they live so much to themselves may be a good thing-she and my dad feel safe and love where they live, but pretty soon, I will be the one to care for them and the property. And the situation scares me...She is still having seizures and my dad is not able to cope much longer, as he is getting older and not as able to do things himself.
Sorry this is so long, so I will stop now, and hope you can shed some light into this and help me out.

MR
MRFurr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote