Thread: Mucuna Pruriens
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Same for raw powder

While I am waiting for delivery of my own Zandopa, I am trying the raw bean powder and have had much the same experience as Mira. Definitely a faster "ON". By half. And messy and inconvenient. I am tending toward a twice daily use - starter in morning and extender in evening.

Also, I am thinking of an emergency kit. A small bottled water and a large light-proof vitamin bottle with a pre-measured dose in it. Add water and shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira View Post
Well, so far, I find: it tastes OK but since I take medication 5-6 times per day, its powder form requiring me to mix it with water is simply impractical. I am often not in a position to be able to mix the elixir when I need it. SO something has to be done about that. Therefore I was unable to use it every time I took a dose.

Second, it's definitely effective against the PD symptoms but my dose (4g + 1/2 tab of sinemet + 1/2 tab of mirapex) made me totally high, and wobbely, like I was on uppers. Same feeling I had when I accidently took two doses of my meds. Therefore, I will try a smaller amount.

However, it seems to be effective more quickly (15-20min) the regular meds (30-45min).

......To be continued....
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote